Monday, March 10, 2014

Garden beginnings 2014

Planting season has begun for us, albeit a little late this year.  Normally, I would have planted onions in January, coles (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower) in February and tomatoes and peppers in March.  I missed January and February, but the tomatoes, peppers and a selection of herbs are now germinating away (we hope).

Herbs and Rhubarb
 
Tomatoes and peppers

We weren't willing to give up our cabbage and broccoli, so I stopped by my favorite garden center, Pines, and picked up a flat of them.  The kids and I then potted them up into 3" pots so that they can continue to grow until we put them into the garden.  Although this week is supposed to be wonderful, I don't trust winter to be over just yet!
24 broccoli and 48 cabbage growing happily on the deck


We'll be working on the chicken tractor and getting the garden ready for planting over the next week or two.  Pics and updates will be forthcoming as time allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment