Friday, March 15, 2013

Goings on all around

For anyone that doesn't live around here, we had a bit of snow a couple of weeks ago...as in about 20 inches of it!  Naturally that did not lend itself to working on the farm, so I took advantage of the time to finish up a different set of projects. 



The 3 rugs on the left were sold at a craft fair to help Catherine's 4H group.  The other one is in use at home now.  We managed to make it almost all the way through the denim strips we already have cut.  I still have an entire tub of jeans that I haven't cut up yet, so I imagine there will be more denim somethings in my future!

On the farm front, I have started potting up tomatoes and peppers.  Its looking like I'll have some extras if anyone in our area is looking for a few plants.  It feels wonderful to finally be in the dirt again.  We're hoping to make it to the farm this weekend to do some more work on the garden and maybe get our potatoes and onions planted.

In the spirit of catching up, we will be building a small outbuilding when the weather is warm enough to do concrete.  It will be uphill of the house spot and will give us a place to put our building supplies.  We were fortunate that my new employer, Amarr Garage Doors, was selling insulated garage door panels to its employees for a song, so the barn will be sided and roofed with them.  Convenient steel siding that's pre-insulated!  Who could ask for more?  It'll only take 50 of them to do it...

I think that's the gist of what we've been up to.  Thanks for keeping up and check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment